Features in Educational
Prerequisite: you'll need OpenBabel SVN revision at least 1525.
Reorganization everywhere, especially:
- Make much more use of OpenBabel, especially for the geometry-stuff
- Molecule rendering style and related data is now stored using the
- Big reorganization in the way display lists are used, when this
option is enabled. It is currently disabled, though, because of what
might be a bug in Mesa3d.
- draw multiple bonds
- support for van der Waals radius. Different atoms are now rendered
with different sizes.
- the sphere now uses 2x less memory when not using display
lists (achieved by using the same unique array as vertex&normal arrays)
- improved specular color computation in Color::applyAsMaterials()
- reorganized styles, removed "lines" style (looked useless, was
inconsistent with multiple bonds)
- when the uses clicks "cancel" in the Load molecule dialog, don't try
to load the molecule with filename "".
- lots more that I can't list