Features in Utilities
* Added a proper config dialog. Scale and position settings are previewed in real-time as the controls are moved.
* Added a Skins page to the config dialog, allowing to list, chose, install and remove (given the necessary write permissions) skins. The skin format has been slightly augmented to allow skins to ship a preview icon for the list. Skins can be switched at runtime without a restart.
* The Plastik skin by Daniel 'suslik' D. has been added to the base package.
* Added support for splitting a session into multiple terminals. Horizontal and vertical splits can be added and removed at will, as well as resized and collapsed. To add a split, use the keyboard shortcuts or the session tab context menu. To open a session preconfigred with a certain split setup click and hold the New Session button, then chose from the list.
* The main menu has been redesigned to conform more to established KDE practices. Several items have been added corresponding to new Yakuake features.
* Added a fullscreen mode.
* Improved support for Xinerama multi-head setups.
* Added a first-run dialog to allow changing the open/close shortcut before it is needed. Note: First-time users of this Yakuake version will be greeted by this dialog as well.
* Added an About dialog.
* The startup notification popup can now be disabled in the config dialog.
* Activating the open/close shortcut will now bring the Yakuake window to the foreground and focus it if it was already open but unfocussed.
* Opening dialogs from Yakuake will no longer cause the window to retract.
* Tabs can now be moved. Added corresponding keyboard shortcuts.
* Tabs now have context menus containing several relevant actions, such as moving and closing them.
* Double-clicking the tab-bar will now open a new session, consistent with Konsole and other KDE applications.
* Renaming a tab using the in-line edit feature now requires a double-click on the tab, consistent with established KDE behavior.
* The in-line tab renaming control can now be cancelled with ESC.
* Fixed the interaction model of the tab bar and the buttons to allow cancelling activations by releasing the mouse button outside of them.
* Added various new keyboard shortcuts corresponding to new Yakuake features and improved consistency with Konsole in existing short- cuts (e.g. added the alternate new session shortcut from Konsole).
* Added keyboard shortcuts to switch to session 1 through 12.
* Added keyboard shortcuts to adjust the width and height of the window.
* Added an action to paste the X11 selection buffer.
* Added an action to quit Yakuake.
* Made the quit warning with multiple open sessions behave consistently with Konsole.
* Greatly expanded DCOP interface. Added various new calls corresponding to new Yakuake features. Made it easier to get information about the application's state out of it, e.g. the title text of a session or sub-terminal. Fixed bugs that caused related calls to reply with incorrect information.
* Added What's This help and tooltips to interface elements.
* Optimized the title bar to avoid unnecessary repaints.
* Fixed crashes when using the slotRunCommandInSession DCOP call due to lack of bounds-checking. Fixed a similar problem with slotRenameSession.
* Bugs that caused the background updating of translucent parts of the Yakuake window to stop have been fixed.
* Adding a translucent session while the window is closed should no longer result in a corrupted terminal background when opening the Yakuake window.
* Yakuake will now fall back to the default skin on startup if the skin stored in the settings cannot be found, rather than crash.
* Fixed a crash when loading non-translucent button images from skins.
* Bugs that caused the quick access options in the menu to come out of sync with the actual settings have been fixed.
* Fixed " - " postfix showing after the session title text when using skins without their own postfix.
* Fixed a crash when a terminal in a tab other than the currently selected tab exits
* Ported preferences handling to KDE's KConfigXT framework.
* Updated the installation colation of the .desktop menu file to conform to modern XDG standards.